Height Safety Audits
An extract from the ‘Managing the Risk of Falls at Workplaces’ Code of Practice:
Who has health and safety duties in relation to falls?
A person conducting a business or undertaking has the primary duty under the WHS Act to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that workers and other persons are not exposed to health and safety risks arising from the business or undertaking.
A person conducting a business or undertaking has more specific obligations under the WHS Regulations to manage the risk of a fall by a person from one level to another include requirements to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that any work involving the risk of a fall is:
- carried out on the ground OR
- on a solid construction which has a safe means of entry and exit OR
- minimise the risk of falls so far as is reasonably practicable by
- providing a fall prevention device OR
- work positioning system OR
- a fall arrest system in that order.
The WHS Regulations 34-38:
In order to manage risk under the WHS Regulations, a duty holder must:
- Identify reasonably foreseeable hazards that could give rise to the risk
- Eliminate the risk so far as is reasonably practicable
- If it is not reasonably practicable to eliminate the risk – minimise the risk so far as is reasonably practicable by implementing control measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control
- Maintain the implemented control measure so that it remains effective
- Review, and if necessary revise, risk control measures so as to maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a work environment that is without risks to health and safety.
Our CEO usually does these audits and in company with your nominated staff member will inspect your entire workplace, identify and photograph all potential heights issues. This may take a day or so, depending how big and involved your workplace is.
Once the initial inspection is completed, we will then create a “Heights Audit Report” for your site. This register will include:
- Risk level
During this process, there will be ongoing consultation with your key people to ensure consultation compliance and to properly identify hazards, risks & risk levels. Upon completion, the report will be forwarded for your review and action if needed.
For cost and to book this service please call 0412 291 054 during business hours – thank you